Currently, the special issue of Physiologia plantarum on Plant Proteases will include:
- mini-review on serpin protease inhibitors in plant biology by Robert Fluhr (Rehovot, Israel).
- mini-review on subtilisin-like proteases by Andreas Schaller (Stuttgart, Germany).
- mini-review on rhomboid proteases by Zach Adam (Rehovot, Israel).
- mini-review on DEG proteases and their role in protein quality control in different subcellular compartments of the plant cell by Iwona Adamska (Konstanz, Germany).
- mini-review on PCD and protease by Patrick Gallois (Manchester, UK).
- mini-review on Activity-based profiling of plant proteases by Renier van der Hoorn (Cologne, Germany).
- mini-review on expression and function of proteolytic pathways in vascular tissues by Eric Beers (Blacksburg, USA).
- mini-review on Animal caspases and plant caspase-like proteases: similarities and differences by Michael Taliansky (Dundee, UK).
- mini-review on plant mitochondrial proteolytic sytem by Hanna Janska (Wroclaw, Poland).
- mini-review on plastidic FtsH proteases by Raik Wagner and Christiane Funk (Umeå, Sweden).
- mini-review on discoveries of plant protease substrate/metacaspase by Frank Van Breusegem (Gent, Belgium).
- mini-review on the function of KDEL-peptidases in development and pathogen defense by Christine Gietl (München, Germany).
- mini-review on Matrix Metallo Proteases (MMPs) in plants by Giada Marino and Christiane Funk (Umeå, Sweden).
- mini-review on structure and function of separases by Peter Bozhkov (Uppsala, Sweden).
- mini-review on Mobilization of seed protein reserves by Anna Tan-Wilson (Binghamton, USA).
- mini-review on The mitochondrial and chloroplast peptidasome, PreP by Elzbieta Glaser (Stockholm, Sweden).
- Mini-review on the chloroplast Clp protease in higher plants by Adrian Clarke (Göteborg, Sweden).